Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sock Animal Reunion!




So I am in awe of our family sock animal. He happens to be a bear and delights Rara with his presence on a daily basis. He has been through a lot and after a morning of visiting with other of his kind he felt something was missing. After a long chat over a warm cup of coffee, & an amazing rendition of "If I Only Had a Heart" I felt it was important to doctor Bear up with a new felt heart. I was worried that Rara would be a little apprehensive. However, she handed over Bear and reminded me to be gentle. After removing the remnants of his old heart, it took me no time at all to sew on his new one. I did have Rara warm it up and give it special kisses. After the procedure was finished, my little one seemed content with the changes. Now I realize that Bear has probably seen better days. He is old and a bit rough around the edges. This means little to Rara. She is in love with Bear because he a constant in her life. He travels with us everywhere. He is her companion. I can only imagine the secrets she has shared Bear and how many tears he has helped to dry.

No comments: