Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Night - Girls Night Out

Friday nights are pretty special around these parts. It means dinner out with my two favorite girls. Rara and Nana are always apt to remind me of our Friday night tradition usually soon after waking up and confirming which day of the week it is. Chiloso is the destination spot and it is rare for us not to see someone we know. One week it was one of my fellow teachers wearing a baseball cap and dressed down. Smart girl knows how to travel incognito. She didn't get to enjoy anonymity though with my two darlings screaming her name out across the restaurant. The Friday school let out for winter break we saw a friend's husband grabbing a snack for himself. In retrospect I didn't see him carrying out anything for the wife or kids. *shrug* We all have our guilty pleasure. Mine is dinner out with my girls on Friday night. It's a way for us to unwind after a long week of school. There is usually a line you have to wait in to order your food and the girls are quite the source of entertainment. They usually are singing some new song, performing some new dance, or just down right irritating the snot out of the other one. I have to admit it is irritating for me at times to remind them we are in a restaurant and not some outdoor free-for-all. I used to think that people were sort of looking at me with raised eyebrows (sometimes the headscarf attracts some attention) but I am pretty sure now it's my performing children. After moving through the line and getting our order personalized to each of our tastes, I have to juggle payment and trays. I feel an immense satisfaction that the three of us can eat for under $15.00 (that includes drinks). I know it seems just crazy since drinks will sometimes set you back over $2.00 a piece these days. Once we have filled our drinks and acquired all the needed utensils and napkins, we settle down in a cozy corner and enjoy an evening of good food, company, and conversation. Who couldn't love the smiles that Friday nights at Chiloso creates!

No comments: