Monday, December 29, 2008

Shocked!

I arrived home to a 37" TV sitting on my cedar chest in the living room. It replaced a very old 13" that we have had our entire marriage. We are simple folks really. I could have lived with that 13" for quite a bit longer. What I really wanted was a new kitchen table. Now don't get me wrong. My dh loves his new buy and he hardly ever buys big ticket items. I must also concede that it has amazing HD quality and it's just amazing to look at. So why I am I complaining. I am not really sure. It's just the shock of the enormous size and I suppose a little bit of the fact that I wasn't consulted about the buy. It was a big ticket item. Then I remember all the times that I have bought things that probably added up to the cost of the tv (clothes to be percise). Having gotten over the initial shock of the tv, I went to work on cleaning out the closets in the girls rooms and tidying up. It's amazing how one semester of teaching would leave the girls rooms in much neglect. I think Nanna is at the age now that she can keep her area tidy. She's a bit of pack rat (we went through the hording of snack rappers last year YUCK) and it's hard to convince her to throw away anything. I was doing really well with my cleaning until I came to her room. Literally my blood pressure rose just looking at the mess she was sifting through. Then she had the bold adacity to ask for a helping hand. I was so annoyed and I know that I should have taken a deep breath and maybe twisted myself into some zen yoga pose but I found myself scolding. I need to find that balance where I can voice my disappointment without going into the "Mommy just can't let it go" mode. Well today is a new day. I will tackle the garage today and call salvation army to carry off all the boxes of toys and clothes I have amassed over the five years we have lived here.

No comments: