Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Doors do come off!

I know I should post a picture of the door completely removed from one of my dear daughters' rooms. However, I thought I should blog this as a way to let off steam. Let me start by saying that I have totally enjoyed spending time with my girls this summer. I am learning so much about them that I just didn't know about. My oldest Nanna is incredibly mouthy and her lil sis, Rara, is a drama queen. I don't even remember what the catalyst was but Nanna in a storm of furry entered her room and proceeded to slam her door. *DEEP BREATH* I had just told my two precious gems that they were not allowed to slam doors during a tug of war match they were having earlier in the day with my door. I calmly opened Nanna's door and called for my husband to bring me a screw driver so I could take down the door. Nanna was shocked! How could I do such a thing. I mean she stood there with her hand on her hip and with such feiry anger in her eyes ranted "I'M JUST SO ANGRY! THAT'S WHY I SLAMMED THE DOOR." Which I calmly responded. "That my dear is why I am taking the door away. Who knows what kind of damage you could do in such a rage to the door or someone's fingers." My husband then appeared with a hammer in his hand he giggled and said, "here honey...you can demolish the door." (Eyebrow raised....thought bubble over my head) "Are you SERIOUS?" I gave him a stern but firm look and asked him to get me a screw driver. Nanna is very confused at this point and by this time her sister has come to check out all the hubbub. I amaze myself by taking down the door and now there is an open doorway to my precious darling's room. When asked how she likes not having a door, she responded with the following. "It's great mom. I mean people can just walk in...they don't need to actually open the door. Also look at how big my room looks now." She gave me a very cute grin and went on with her activities. *SIGH* I suppose it is true that her room does look bigger but little does she know without a door on her room I can see it every time I pass by. This will only increase the amount of times I call her to clean her room. I get a feeling there will be another sassy session by the end of the week based on this knowledge. I better start cleaning the garage so I can start moving her precious posessions out. I may not have won the battle today but I will win the war.

No comments: