Thursday, April 15, 2010

State Testing and Wii

So state testing is upon us at school. I come home each night and can't get the thought out of my head. I know it's a serious mental defect on my part but I can't even think about calling my therapist about it because I seriously can't think of anything that doesn't involve pouring over data, testing strategies, and just praying my students all pass. My poor children are the ones that are suffering...ok honestly I don't know how much they are suffering since they have been allowed to go wii crazy. I feel like I have allowed the wii to take over my job as nurturer and caretaker. Although I know it is flawed I am also deeply indebted to the wii. I promise to make a concerted effort after testing is complete to ween the children off of their new found gaming addiction.

1 comment:

The Hazelwood Family said...

LOL...So true! Except I have thrown Caiden on his tractor in the backyard-he hasn't mastered the Wii remotes yet!